Evergreen Era Film + Photo
Important Update: The Pisgah National Forest has requested that couples not have a Max Patch elopement for the time being due to over-use.
If you were hoping to have a wedding/elopement here, reach out and we can find another, less popular location!
MAX PATCH ELOPEMENT TIPS & INFORMATION
- Schedule a weekday wedding so there will be less hikers around (Monday-Thursday preferably).
- Keep it small (You really shouldn’t bring more than 10 guests).
- Everyone involved should be prepared for a hike and be sure to wear proper shoes/clothing.
- Know that it’s a popular and heavily trafficked location. You likely will not be alone no matter what time or day you pick (yes, even sunrise).
- Parking is VERY limited – you need to carpool as much as you can! Do not park in the road at all.
- Download directions/maps before heading up the mountain – you won’t have service!
- The weather is unpredictable up in the mountains. You could get rain, fog, crazy wind, or clear skies. Embrace whatever comes (but don’t be out there during a thunderstorm!)
- There are no bathrooms at the trailhead. Plan and prepare accordingly.
- It takes over an hour drive to get to Max Patch trailhead from Asheville, NC. Make sure you have enough gas and a good playlist!
- The road up to the trailhead is gravel and could be in rough condition depending on when you visit. A high clearance vehicle is recommended
- Don’t bring any props, arbors, or chairs. Let the land speak for itself. Enjoy it as it is.
For more information about eloping in the area, check out my Guide to Elope in NC!
Inspiration – Real Stories
Lindsay + Kyle
Their Elopement Story
There were a few reasons these two wanted to have a simple elopement up on a mountain, just the two of them.
- The simplicity and intimacy of an elopement
- Financial reasons
- Their love for adventure
These are all really relatable reasons – ones that impact so many other couples to elope in nature.
When they were daydreaming up their day they knew they wanted to experience some really special things, “
We imagine a beautiful sunrise or sunset over the mountains, being surrounded by the colors of the fall. Dancing in an open field and laughing and enjoying our time. We want to feel happy and comfortable. We want to hear and see all the wonders of nature around us while we enjoy some cake and coffee together. Of course we want to read our vows to each othe and just be at peace and make the most of our love on a beautiful day!”
When asked about what drew them to one another, their answers were so sweet: “I was drawn to Kyle because of his consistency, loyalty, support, and motivation. Kyle was drawn to me, in his words, an unspoken connection, one of those clicks where you can tell it will work without doubting it.”
I hope you enjoy their beautiful story through the film and photos I captured for them!